Thursday, July 21, 2011

Letters to Skyla: You're Turning 2!

Dear Skyla,
Today we were dancing fools!
We jumped and hopped around the house like we were winners on SUTUCD.
You showed off your not so graceful spins as I made you giggle over my not so awesome running man moves.
 
At this moment, I begin to smile sadly inside. Not in a bad way but just how I realize that my little girl is growing up. How my once little girl needed me to feed her and burp her and rock her to sleep, now is growing into a beautiful little girl who thinks she can do it all.


 
I want you to know that you CAN conquer the world! You can be anything you want to be.
As the little cute sign in your bathroom (that my mom gave to me and I passed on to you) says,





 
 
I know you may stumble and have to deal with pain but I want you to know that I will always be here to help pick you up after you fall. I'll help brush off your knees, put a band-aid on that boo boo and tell you to get back out there.
 




I am your biggest fan. I will always be cheering you on with utter amazement that no way, did I ever know that I could love like this and be so proud.
 
This Sunday, you turn 2! 24 months, you have blessed my life. You have taught me so many lessons on how to love, forgive, be patient and to always remember that it's ok to make mistakes. It's how you continue on that makes the difference.
 
I love you with all of my being...
 
Love, Mommy
 
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...