Friday, July 22, 2011

A Love for Cookies

My husband would say that he is a salty person. I on the other hand would say that I'm a sweets person.Well, naturally you'd think that because Skyla is a mini clone of daddy that she would take after him in this aspect. THEN, she does what she does best and surprises the heck out of you! This kid LOVES sweets!!!!


 
During the planning process of this upcoming birthday party, I have found myself completely stumped on a fun theme that completely describes Baby S's favorites. Yea, Yea... she likes Sesame street and Barney and all of that stuff but hasn't that been a little played out? Anyone can go buy some plates that have pictures on them and be done with it. I on the other hand of course had to take the very long, very time consuming, very exhausting and meticulous route. We are having a "MILK & COOKIES" party! Two of Skylas' absolute favorites. This kid would drink a gallon of milk a day if I let her and let's not even let her know there are cookies in the pantry... she will find a way to get to them.
 
I'm going to post all of the details of the party but here is a sneak peak at what I've been working on.


Yea, Don't mind the mess!
 

Do you like Skylas' cake topper?



And here we go into the adventures of baking 13 dozen cookies. Yay for me. HAH! Yea right! Can you tell I'm thrilled? This is only 2 dozen in ;)
Peek Peek ;)

2 Dozen down, 11 to go.



You can find this amazing recipe here! They are the perfect combination of Chewy and gooey!

What kind of parties have you thrown for your toddlers? 

 
 
 
 
 
Xo, Kris
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...