Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring Oreo {Truffles}

One of my first post was about finding the lovely Bakerella, Queen of the Cake Pop.
 I didn't know how I have entered through the doors of every one of my favorite craft stores,
only about a billion times (ok, maybe not a billion, but you get the idea)
and missed these little beauties!
Well, I think I seriously jumped in my car
immediately and headed down
 to the local market to get my supplies.
 
I couldn't resist getting the "Spring Oreos"





I like the idea of little Oreo Truffles vs. Oreo Pops but you can certainly get Popsicle/candy sticks and use those. (Just make sure you put the stick in before you dip your Oreo ball into the candy coating)
 
Your first step is open a pack of oreos and set aside about 7 of them. You can crush these up and use them to decorate with, or in my case, eat them.
Or let your toddler have a few and send them into a sugar coma like, Baby S.
 

 She really thought I gave her the whole package... HAH! Yea Right!

Ok, really, here is what you'll need to make these:
1. Package of Oreos minus 6 or 7                          
2. One Package of room temperature cream cheese
3. Candy Coating                                                   


Here is the quickly directions but if you want the ORIGINAL RECIPE for these,
go ahead and Check out Bakerella! Let her know we said hey!

1.  Crush remaining cookies and stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together. ( I used a food processor to crush the oreos, which make it super easy)
2.Roll the mixture into 1″ balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
3. Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry.
4.Decorate with Sprinkles of your choice (before the chocolate dries)
5. Once dry, refrigerate and enjoy!


 Of course, Taste test ;)
(BTW, these are much better after they've chilled for a few hours)

Mine were inspired by St. Patty's Day!

Good Luck!
YUMMM!






Xo, Kris

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...