Sunday, March 6, 2011

Fabric Rose {magnets}









Everywhere I look, fabric flowers are the it thing.
 They are on clothes, handbags, headbands, etc.
 Well I got the idea of why not use them in other areas of my life that needed some sprucing up! 
Lately, every time I go to open my refridgerator,
 I cringe while looking at my clippy magnets that had the tops broken off from falling down.  
So as the light bulb went off in my head,
I got down to work.
 
To make these you will need:
1. Fabric
3.Magnet 
 2. Hot Glue
3. Scissors or Rotary cutter
 
 
 
 
I used 1 inch width fabric strips. How large your flower is will depend on the length that you cut it.
Fold the length of fabric in half and put a little dot of hot glue to hold it together.
 From there, you can get to rolling.
Start small, and then get a little looser. Like a real rose.
Every inch or so, flip the fabric outward. this will give the flower more character,
About 4 or 5 turns in, I would put a dot of glue on the end, by my thumb, to keep it from unraveling.
 I did this periodically through each flower at a couple turns,
 to make sure that the flower didn't just fall apart, once I was done.


It's super easy! But really time consuming so be patient.
Once you get through a couple, you'll fly right through them!
 When you get your desired size flower, leave an inch or two at the end.
You will use it to cover the ugly side of the flower. I put a little hot glue and then put the material over it.
(You could also cover the back with felt, what ever floats your boat)
 (Sorry about the switch up in flower colors.  forgot to take pictures about half way through... oops)

Glue the magnet on the back of the flower.....and Ta-DAH!

 A super cute little Flower Magnet! :)











 Happy Crafting!
 
Xo, Kris 
 


If you like this, you may like this cute makeup bag too!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...