Monday, April 4, 2011

One Spot {Makeup Pouch and Key Chain}

 Want to know a simple fact about me?
I LOVE Target! I HEART Target! Target makes me SMILE!
 
I could go into Target for deodorant and walk out with a basket full of goodies
and ask myself, "How did that happen"?
 
I love their super stretchy tanks that go on sale to $5 bucks in the spring. I love walking up and down there aisles like I might find a gold mine if I search hard enough. I love the kids bedroom decor that I keep telling myself that I would've loved something like that when I was a kid. In fact, Target, makes me feel like a kid. A big kid leaving with a big smile until I realize that I may have to do some explaining for my purchases when I come home.
Well, you can imagine my excitement when Target put in the "One Spot" a few years back. I could come home with a bag of goodies to play with with out breaking the bank!
A few weeks ago, I scored this cute little purse that is totally meant for a child but I just knew I could do something awesome with it.
 

 What I was going to make, I didn't know but it became quite clear that whatever it became, it would be a simple project.

First, I detached the ribbon strap and bow from the bag. (Save them for later, you can use them)

Remember my Rose Magnets I made? Well, I used the same idea but instead of attaching the flowers to magnets, I attached them to the front of my purse... like so...
 Isn't that the cutest thing?!?! Now, I don't have to dig for my essentials (mascara, lip gloss, Visine) It all fits perfectly in this little bag and is so easy to find ;)



Now, remember the ribbon strap and bow that we removed from the purse? Yep! We are going to use it to make a key chain!
 I found a set of six key rings at Hobby Lobby for a buck seventy five.
 Put the ribbon through the key ring.
 Fold the ribbon in half. Hot glue the end, roll it twice and hot glue again. That will ensure it doesn't come apart. I then attached the already made bow (from the purse) to the bottom and embellished with different beads. Have fun with it!

If you make either of these, email me pictures! I'd love to see what you come up with!

Xo, Kris
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...