Monday, April 4, 2011

Couponing for Coupons

I've always hated junk mail.
In fact, we stop at the trash can BEFORE we get to the house to avoid the unavoidable
build up of clutter... mostly.... junk mail.
 
Well, a few weeks ago my very sweet neighbor sent me these crazy text messages
 with pictures of all of her goodies that she got with messages beneath saying something along the lines of...
"All of this for just $11 bucks"




 
I'm thinking in my head... WHAT?!? That's at least a hundred bucks worth of stuff
and it's all items that I buy and use on regular basis.
What am I doing wrong here?


 
Then, she tells me that she just keeps all of the Q's (coupons) from her mail along with her Sunday newspaper and keeps eyes out for good deals.
 
Well, if anyone knows me, and they knew I was going to take on yet again, another project, they'd say in their very careful and gentle voice... Kris, you don't need to put anything else on your plate. Well, I probably should have listened to them and my horoscope but why would I not jump at the oppurtunity to save my family money?
 
So, with that being said, I bought my first Sunday paper and found a few really awesome blogs that not only will teach you how to use your Q's to your best advantage but also, they will tell you where to shop and where to look to find the Q's to go along with a good deal.



 (This is from one stop at Rite Aid a couple weeks ago)
 
Tell me how last week, I walked out of Publix with over $100 buck worth of stuff for $24 dollars?
Think I'm joking? Heck no! This is my third week and so far have cut my grocery bill down to a third of what I was spending. The hubs doesn't even mind spending one of our movie nights on the couch next to me while I flip through the deals because at the end of the day...
that extra money is going towards something even better!
We desperatley need a new washer and the goal is to put that extra moolah to good use!
 
Here is what we are saving up for ;) 


Still don't believe me? Try it for yourself! Here are a few oh so helpful blogs to get you started...

P.S. On all of these sites, there is a section that says, "Learn to Coupon",
I recommend reading this before starting cause' it can get a little confusing.
Anyhow, have fun, save money, and let me know what you find for amazing deals!

I also have to shout out to Kristie for putting up with my late night phone calls with stupid questions about can I use this on that or that on this? LOL. LOVE you grrrll!

 
 
 
 
Xo, Kris
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...